This is a way of an organisation formalising its commitment to stakeholders, to continually reduce the environmental impacts of its operation.
Environmental Management Systems usually include the following components:
- Set objectives & scoping
- Identify aspects and impacts
- Build significance register
- Measurement of impact before actions undertaken
- Compile legal register
- Environmental policy and practice manual.
- Plan actions
- Undertake actions, measure results
- Staff training and communications
- Internal audits
- Address any non-compliance
- Final external review and audit.
- Apply for accreditation.
Remarq, with its partners can help develop your environmental management systems and where required, have this accredited to a particular certification, such as ISO 14001, BS 8555 or EMAS.
Contact us today to find out more and arrange a free meeting, to discuss how Remarq can help your organisation.